Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Although your referring dentist may have already taken x-rays, we will take a few additional digital x-rays. We will also conduct some tests that help us determine the treatment options that are appropriate for you.
Occasionally, treatment can be done the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any X-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have dental insurance, please bring your dental insurance card. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- A photo ID.
Prior to your appointment:
- You may eat prior to your consultation appointment.
- Take your routine medications, if applicable. However, please do not take medications for discomfort prior to your initial visit as it may mask symptoms and hinder diagnosis.
- Arrange childcare for young children not being seen as patients as we are unable to provide supervision during your appointment time and no one other than the patient is allowed in the treatment room.
IMPORTANT: A parent or legal guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at every appointment.